Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Updated Blog Design


I've been wanting to update my blog design for a while, so last week I decided to take the leap.
I spent a long time looking at blog templates, but after literally looking at thousands, and still not finding one I was happy with, I decided to create my own design. Having little knowledge of html, I found a very simple standard blogger template work with, and played around and worked to create my own background and theme.

I have to say, I'm quite happy with the end result - I think it's much more me now!

The only problem was, after changing the template, all the images were the wrong size! So I had to go back through all my past posts and resize everything. With that finally out the way, the only thing left not quite finished is the blog header, but I'll save that for another day.

I've made it so it's more user friendly: The page bar above allows blog posts to be easily navigated by category and I've also added an 'about' page for new visitors. I also think it's much more professional looking now and theme ties in well.

Now that I've finally finished, I can get back to spending my time working on the actual content!

Enjoy!

1 comment: