Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Winter Gardening

 

Even though Winter has set in, I've still been enjoying my gardening - I've planted thousands of seeds recently - quite literally! I threw packets and packets worth of seeds all over the garden (I may have gone a little crazy...I wanted to guarantee my odds!) and tiny little seedlings have shot up everywhere!
It's not much to look at, at the moment, so there was no point taking a photo, but I am hoping by Spring I shall be rewarded with a mass of flowers!
I am also germinating a whole lot of seeds in my new mini green house, which are all looking quite promising!
I'm currently growing from seed: Candytuft, Gypsophila, Lavender (Which I'm really excited about, as they take a little more patience than your average seed), Lobelia, Poppies, Virginian Stock, Impatiens, Lettuce, Cabbage, Thyme, Basil, Sage, Peppermint (The only one I haven't had any luck with yet), Parsley, Alyssum, Snow Peas, Beans, Leek, Shallots, Turnip, Radish, Carrot and Onion, plus a bunch of mixed flower packet seeds.

It's also really exciting to see all the bulbs popping up - We have masses of Jonquils flowering already too! (pictured above)

No comments:

Post a Comment